75,000 and Beyond...

     It's a milestone to me; breaking 75 thousand words as I plunk away on my book.  It's provided such a good feeling because I seem to be making strides every week with this project.  Last week I was able to tie together two huge chunks of my story, basically allowing the protagonist to exit the 1940s and venture once again to the future and face any potential consequences.  Thanks to anyone out there who has been following along; even if you've never said anything.  I know people check out my ramblings once in a while, so yay!
     I've also been reading the book to my wife and son (who's in utero for about another month yet) and had some much appreciated editing done by them.  It reminds me of when I listened to Stephen King's autobiography, particularly the part about his wife reading his work before sending it out.  I really and truly appreciate the support they've given (Adam kicking about in approval) and have made corrections almost daily.  Maybe when all's said and done (and I get some free time in the future) I'll do my own version of an audio book of this.  Until then, away I write!

0 comments:

Post a Comment