Last Weekend a Baby Shower; this Weekend a Funeral...

    So the inevitable did occur. My grandfather passed away around 10:20 PM on Wednesday, his 3 kids and spouses around him. I am glad he has finally found real peace. I can't help but reflect on his life and how he impacted my own. My dad had tediously started piecing together home videos and debuted a DVD last night when I went back to visit. The memories seemed to flood back as we watched scene after scene. Still, seeing a younger and more energetic Grandpa was warming.
     Funeral is on Monday and I doubt I'll be ready for it. For the past 48 hours (nearly) I've been crying randomly (in private cause I'm too manly to let it really show) and pleading with God to let me hear his voice just once more. In the end, I know he is in no more pain, and God is taking good care of him. I won't ramble on, but let me say that for being the only Grandpa I ever knew, he made life worth living for. Rest easy Grandpa; I love you and know I'll see you again. I will never forget you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment