When are we? Right now!

SO HERE WE ARE...

     I've decided recently that it would be much easier to maintain a blog vs an entire website while I write my book.  Perhaps when I'm all done with said book I'll have a little more time to play with web design and make it look like it's not stuck in the 90's.
     I'm 31 chapters into my book, "When are We?  A David Wilco Adventure", and getting to the heart of the plot.  On Facebook I recently stated that I would get a chapter a week done, and so far I've held up my part of the bargain.  I think when all is said and done I'll have around 50 chapters!
     One of the hardest things to do right now is stay focused.  It doesn't help that this weekend my son got sick and has coughed up a lung an a half.  My heart hurts every time I hear it.  Even still, I often get distracted by this thing called the 'Internet', and before I know it an hour's gone by and I'm still looking at blank Word doc after closing the browser.  It's like a quote I read earlier in the week: "For a writer, the Internet is more dangerous than whisky".  How true it is.  I don't even like whisky.  So I liken the Internet to Captain Morgan.  Stupid captain.
     Anyway, I think I'll wrap things up here by letting you know that I will get another chapter done this week.  My end goal is to have this book written, published, and in my hand to read to our 2nd child while in the womb.  It's a tradition I started when Noah was still on the way.  I read my first book, 'Aer Infirma' to him and he wasn't too critical of my writing.  An occasional kick or punch my way let me know he was still interested.  If anyone's interested in checking out what's on my old site: brandonmeyer.webs.com.  Thanks all!

-Brandon

0 comments:

Post a Comment