A Little Progress Here, A Little There...

Wrote a bit more this week, mostly because I was donating plasma.  Sure, it was interesting, but writing with one hand forced me to think about what I was typing.  I wrote a page or so, but even up to that point I had been able to connect a few big chunks of my story together, and that alone was pretty fulfilling.  I hope to write, and donate, again this week and make a little more progress.  I know I haven't lived up to writing a chapter a week, but I still have my motivation.
With my first book, 'Aer Infirma', I had it published about 6 months into our first pregnancy with our son Noah.  I was able to read to him while he was in the womb, and I felt that was a real bonding experience.  I want to do the same with my second child, now about 14 weeks along.
Another thing I have to do, as much as it pains me so, is cut back on playing video games.  Okay, you can stop laughing now.  Seriously.  I will unfriend you from Facebook...ANYWAY.  Games have provided entertainment and stress relief for a long time, but I think playing in moderation will help me get my work done.  I truly think that people will get a chuckle or two out of my book, but I really want to be able to read it to my 2nd kid (and the first when he's older).  Here's to staying motivated, I know my wife and son have been there for me all along!

P.S.  Here's the cool toy my son got from Grandma and Grandpa. Thought I'd share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment