Writing on a Plane...

So things have still been a wee bit hectic in our household, what with our 10 week old pup and 2 year old son running around.  After a mere two weeks back in town, I've been whisked off to balmy (haha) Boulder, CO for training a client.  Thinking I'd be leaving the cool damp climate that Wisconsin is currently enjoying for warmer weather I foolishly packed only a spring jacket.  It's still winterish here (yes, winterish).  And that's not even the worst part.
The flight from Minneapolis to Denver was very bumpy due to oncoming weather hitting the Midwest, so my ride in the back of the plane was...um, fun?  Went through a lot of turbulence as we circled the Denver area 3 times before finally being cleared to land.  For most of it I had whipped out my laptop and started writing again.
The writing part was good!  Picked up on the last chapter I had barely begun and tonight I hope to finish it!  What I love most is that I'll be tying together two sections of the book that for a long time had been separated by what I call a 'writer's gap'.  Basically it occurs from writing different parts of the story, then working your way back through to tie those parts together.  Needless to say this will be a big accomplishment for me.  Keep sending your positive thoughts (or not; no pressure) my way as I push through the next chunk of my book.

Stay Groovy! (I said it.  Don't judge).

P.S.  I brought Mario along (kind of playing off of that 'Traveling Gnome' guy).  He's been giving me pointers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment