Being Silly for Nearly 30 Years...

Contrary to popular belief, as of today I will have been on this Earth for 30 years. I keep telling myself it's just a number and that it's merely a way to gauge how old someone is. I tend to wax nostalgic about the past decade when I have reached the next tier, but this one just seems off...

Part of it is the feeling of not accomplishing all that I set out to do at 20. It's foolish, at best, to think that we can accomplish things based on a timeframe, not ability. I take so much of it for granted that when I stumble and fall in my progress I think so little of myself. I have a great deal to be thankful for, mainly my wife and children. God does love me a lot, to bless me with a woman who not only accepts me and my weird ways, but has been my rock when I needed her. Not to hide behind poetics to explain her, but Mandy is to me as the Sun is to the Earth; I simply could not function or live without her. Mandy, if you're reading this know that I don't go a day without thinking about how great of an impact you've had on me and how you've truly completed me. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. I love you and look forward to celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary! :D

Our two boys are eerily exact copies of us, Noah like me and Adam like Mandy. After raising these two thus far I must apologize to my parents, for I'm sure I acted just as crazy at that age. I love spending all the time I can with them and hope to make even more memories as they grow. They amaze us every day with their intelligence and ability to push the limits. You boys make me so proud.

It's felt good to reflect a bit as I wound down my 29th year. I'm excited for the future, for 30 is just a number, and I have so many more years to live and grow and accomplish many things. Thanks for so many wonderful memories 20's: Wedding, first house, two births, and so on. Bring it on, 30! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment